ediGogy Learning Communities
Our learning communities – ediGogy Hubs – are based on a completely different way of constructing learning. They are independent (though not necessarily private), as we favour public-private partnerships between investors, property developers, local government, and industry.
This ‘mixed model’ of stakeholder investors has been proven to work. Leerpark is a revolutionary education model in Holland which has developed successfully over the past ten years. In 2018, Leerpark won an EU vocational training innovation award award for its successful and innovative approach to education and learning.
All our hubs will be based on ediGogy principles of:
- Motivating learners by allowing them to understand and fulfil their own goals and objectives
- Ensuring that all learners acquire the 21c skills needed to be employed by embedding them into the curriculum
- Engaging with employers to ensure that learners are guaranteed a job after the successful completion of their programmes
- Building realistic experiential learning by embedding the courses within “live” working environments
- Blending physical and online learning using the myGogy learning operating system
- Producing personalised learning paths and assessment based on the individual’s goals
- Building relationships with local industry and the local community
- Creating sustainable developments where ecological buildings and creative business models contribute to the education model
- Building commercial sites on campuses, in addition to housing, local facilities and resources
- Creating business models that sustain local education and employability by developing skills needed in the area
We have currently engaged in our first projects in the UK and France.